Thursday, October 14, 2004

Busy




I made this ring with sterling silver wire, silver seed beads, freshwater pearls, and swarovski crystal. I was relatively pleased with the outcome and am now on fire to make more.

When Brooke and I were in Prague we actually went in a Swarovski jewelry store. It seemed to be relatively pricey, but there was an abundance of beautiful, simple, and inexpensive jewelry all throughout the city. In one store, I admired a simple garnet pendant for several minutes before I decided against it--and I'm still regretting that decision. In Venice we went into another Swarovski store and it was there that I bought Dominic a pair of white gold and black crystal cuff-links. I thought they were extraordinarily tasteful and was really proud of my purchase until I got back to the States and discovered he doesn't have any shirts that accommodate cuff-links--not any civilian shirts at least.

So, yay for jewelry making. Up next: a new jade and freshwater pearl ring...and probably earrings too. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home