Saturday, September 17, 2005

Apparently, knitting is supposed to be soothing.

The good news is that yesterday, Kathryn, our real estate agent, called to tell me the seller of the house we're buying has agreed to fix everything we asked him to, which includes, among other things, putting a brand spanking new electrical box in and fixing the newish dishwasher that was supposed to work anyway. Even though Dominic is more than a thousand miles away, I'm sure we both did simultaneous jigs, because this is really, really good news for us. This means that some major problems with the house we're trying to buy will be corrected for us, and what does that mean? That's right. WE WON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT OURSELVES! Which, if you can't tell, I'm excited about. Or exahhhded, which is apparently how I pronouce this word. Why, people, oh why have you let me go about bragging about how I don't have an accent when I sound like the bowels of Alabama done spit me up just yesterday, and look, and I ain't even got no shoes on.

Anyway, so that was very, very good news. But then the bad news was that I had to go to Kinko's so Kathryn could fax me a copy of the seller's addendum (stating he would make all these repairs) and I could sign it and fax it back to her. Sounds simple right? AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER, I was just leaving. How many times during this process did I almost cry? At least three. The hold up at Kinko's combined with a traffic accident at a busy intersection made me late for my knitting class, where I found out I was the dumb kid who couldn't get it. The lady who was teaching was really nice, and as I was leaving she was pleading with me to not give up, that I could do it if I practiced. I must have looked pretty flustered at that point. Also, how many times did I almost cry in knitting class? At least three.

Then I came home and ate dinner and cooled off and tried to knit some more and couldn't get past casting on and got all heated up again and talked to Dominic for the last time until next Thursday because he's being dropped off in the Washington wilderness tomorrow, where he has to pretend at fending for his life and being a POW, and eat a rabbit, among other things. How many times did I cry after all this? Once. Because even though all these great things are happening for us right now, I still really, really miss him.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

:( Awww. To be fair, knitting is really really hard.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://nwpsckbb.com/amef/dchs.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ihqmjmvg.com/fshc/vmcc.html]Cool site[/url]

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://nwpsckbb.com/amef/dchs.html | http://vcjhdezv.com/fazh/epss.html

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home