Saturday, January 07, 2006

Dominic Pops the Question

A couple days ago, Dominic sat me down and said to me, very, very seriously, "Kate, I have something to tell you."

"What?"

"Listen to me carefully. This is really important."

"What? What is it?"

"Now, don't take this lightly. This is serious."

"WHAT? FREAKING WHAT? WHAT IS GOING ON?"

"Kate...will you go to prom with me?"

"...Yes!"

Prom is actually the Birthday Ball, an event the good folks at Offutt Air Force Base are holding. As to whose birthday it is--who knows? Who cares? I GET TO BUY ANOTHER PROM DRESS!!!

All I have to say is that this is seriously going to be the best prom of my life because, a: my prom date will not dump me at the end of the night in order to get back together with his 200 pound ex-girlfriend, thereby forcing me to hitch a ride home, and, b: my prom date will not be a deranged cowboy with ADHD and a pickup truck so big I have to be hoisted in and out of it all night by a complex system of pulleys and levies until I finally tell him to just leave, thereby forcing me to hitch a ride home. Also, this time I KNOW I'm going to get to makeout with my date afterwards, which pretty much puts this prom into the category of Best Prom Ever, and it hasn't even happened yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I'M SO FREAKIN JEALOUS!!! I want to go to prom again. That is soooooooo not fair. :( Boo.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://sncsdslg.com/rupd/adpi.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://xgloqwer.com/krhn/bqai.html]Cool site[/url]

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home