Sunday, November 28, 2004

The Legs That Run in the Family

From an email I sent to my sister:

Oh yeah, and also I ran three whole miles on the treadmill today. THREE! I realize we talked about how running on a treadmill is kind of like cheating and you don't get the same benefits from it, but I DON'T CARE! I haven't run three miles at once since that time I ran with the whole family in that 5K in the dark and I won that medal, not because I was the fastest one in my age group, but because I was the ONLY one in my age group, and then I wore that sucker proudly all the way on the drive from Alex City to Troy, and then when I got to Troy I kept wearing it and dancing around and saying, "I won a MEDAL" in a weird little lilting sing-song voice until I was almost positive Dominic, my brand new boyfriend, was going to dump me for being so freaking weird.

2 Comments:

Blogger Audra said...

YAY for you for running. At basic training running was the one thing I just couldn't do, no matter what. May have been because I had 2 broken ankles... wait, no. I still can't run!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Congratulations Kate. Running that much is an accomplishment. Keep it up! ;)

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home