Monday, October 18, 2004

Parenthood is Tough...

Parenthood is tough. I know that now because I have a cat. I'm certain that everyone with children is probably saying "Owning a cat is nothing like having children." Well, that's probably true, but I wouldn't know because I don't have any kids and have only changed one diaper in my life. I've cleaned the kitty litter box a lot though...you're probably saying the two are still not anywhere close to similar. My cat as stalkerish and meowy as she might be has never trotted up to me and made a funny "I'm pushing a new poop into my diaper bitch!" face. So if you're saying I don't know what I'm talking about you're right. I just realized that today I'm no better than so many other people who have a hard day at work or whatever and don't want to deal with the crap their cats or kids are able to dish out. Which as it turns out is a lot of crap. Who knew so much poop could come out of a twelve pound cat?

I just wanted to say thanks to the people who dealt with all my crap, my poopie faces, my incessant sickness and all of that other crap without chasing me around a recently flea-bombed apartment with a spray bottle after four beers. Apparently, at this point everyone is a better parent than me. What the crap...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

But you made up with the cat, sweetie. Remember? You guys played with the stick and the string, like, all night long afterwards. She's not like a kid--she won't hate you later and remind you every day that you chased her around with a spray bottle for no reason other than you were a little frustrated. In fact, she doesn't even remember that now. She's just a dumb little kitty. And you're just a human being. And no matter what anyone else tells you, I love you, okay?

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home