Monday, December 12, 2005

Running on Icy Sidewalks=Maybe Kate is Stupid

Being that it is 40 degrees outside today, I had to take advantage of the veritable tropical heat and go for a run. Parts of the sidewalks are still icy from our having just emerged from Omaha's 100 years of snow, where it is always winter and never Christmas, and so I mostly jog-skated instead of jog-jogged. And if you're wondering what that is like, let me tell you that it involves much flailing of the limbs and muttered expletives.

Before my jog-skate, I dropped Brooke and Dale off at the airport, then drove off blindly in the direction of downtown, hoping I could blunder my way back to Dodge street, and thus find my way home again. At one point I was in Iowa. I despaired for a moment that I would have to live in Iowa always and never see Dominic again, but then a minute and a half later I drove back into Omaha, and all was safe and right with the world again.

We saw the Narnia movie on Friday, and while it could certainly never compare with the majesty of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, I was very satisfied with the feel of the movie in general. Each of the characters seemed to have done well conveying the personalities the book first created for them, and even though I had to roll my eyes a bit at the chase scene made up for the middle of the movie, the final battle scenes were especially well done, as was the CGI Aslan, which was nearly perfect I thought, especially as voiced by Liam Neeson, the man I would have married had not Dominic first blinded me with his perfect pecs. The four children were adorable, and I told Dominic that out of all the possibilities* our collected gene pools may create for our future children, we will never have white, rosy-cheeked, British school children, which is what I really want, especially a boy, or just Edmund--can I have Edmund?

Anyway, I'm excited about the Narnia movies continuing and hopefully growing even better in the future.

Oh yes, also, I was accepted to UNO last week. "Dang!" I told Dominic, "Now I have to start working hard again."

*Dominic says we might have a Jewish baby instead of a Chinese baby. He says it will pop out with a jew-fro and say, "Oy Vey!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazel tov at the UNO acceptance! (And please don't break a leg skate-jogging the streets of Omaha OR Iowa.)

3:40 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Congrats on getting accepted. My roommate just got accepted to optometry school. Yay for getting into school!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home