Thursday, December 23, 2004

Ding Dong Merrily the Bells



Today, Dominic and I got a beautiful wedding flower arrangement from relatives in North Carolina.



There were roses in it.



And lilies.



Also, one aunt sent me these gorgeous old Spode dessert plates. And the cordial glasses. Thank you so much, relatives, for everything. For the presents and cards and good wishes, thank you. Dominic and I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Today we've been very busy cleaning the house and picking up my flowers and washing Dominic's truck and going to the mall and going to the grocery store for Christmas dinner ingredients. It's been a very nice day, albeit cold like the girl who ignored you in kindegarten and then made all her friends ignore you too and then made fun of you when you played by yourself because nobody else would.

I've been mad at Texas all day because we've had the mildest most wonderful weather for just weeks and weeks, and, now, the day before my outside wedding, it's been 40 degrees all day, and tomorrow the temperature is not supposed wrear its wretched head beyond 30. Really, it is December and I should just shut my mouth and deal with the cold tomorrow because it's not like I didn't realize it might be cold when we decided to get married on Christmas Eve. But beyond cold weather woes, hopefully the sun will be out bright and shining tomorrow, and I'm sure I'll be running on adrenaline enough to get myself through it anyway.

Dominic and I are really excited. Like kids before Christmas excited. Which, actually, is sort of what we are, come to think about it. See you on the other side of matrimony, people.

P.S. Today, at the mall, I exited a certain store's dressing rooms with only one button done on my button-all-the-way-up shirt. The embarrassment of this incident should be obvious, and what should be even more obvious is that I am an air-headed moron, and today I realized for the millionth time, that, unfortunately, I will always be an air-headed moron.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Sarah.....I guess you two are married now....That is so exciting!! I just wanted to say congratulations and that I am so happy for you both. Take care of each other and you will be alright!

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's craig, don't worry about being a "air-headed moron" for i am one too and will always be!(it must run in the blood) Congradulations on getting maried and i wish you both well.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Extremely happy to see your pics online, Lt. and Mrs. Gaskin. Keep them coming. Also, I am currently showing a friend of mine visiting from the Baltimore area your blogspot. She has guffawed at some of your past material, Kate! Aunt C.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Gaskin. Now to the next order of business: I want to see some pictures!!! Hurry and post those things. :)

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home