Monday, May 02, 2005

Signs of the Apocalypse

Okay, so then there's this (link courtesy sixfoot6.com).

It's a good thing Dominic and I have an Emergency Zombie Plan that is very detailed and involves stockpiling water and deadbolting our door as soon as we catch wind of the apocalypse. We live on the third floor of an apartment building so we figure we'd be safer here than anywhere else, and we can always eat the cat. Or the TWENTY-FIVE POUND BAG OF RICE Dominic bought last weekend.

Bring on the zombies!

*Disclaimer* I don't actually believe this. I think it's bogus, but I'm trying to figure out why the BBC would have it on their website. What do you think?

7 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Okay, clearly the URL is bogus, so somebody stole the format of the page and made up a fake story.

Dominic tried to tell me this, but I'm very naive, and it took forever to sink through my thick skull that someone would do something like this.

He should get a t-shirt that says, I'm with stupid.

But still. Zombies? Wow.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Ethan Wiggum said...

And the Date "Monday, 1 April" just kind of flew by your head?

8:38 PM  
Blogger Ethan Wiggum said...

No, no: not a fake URL: The BBC has a long and proud history of pulling off these magnificent pranks every year on April Fools.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Ethan Wiggum said...

see here... http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/aprilfool/

8:42 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

We are totally sisters because that story totally had me going. Yeah, I do feel sorry for our significant others. Hahah. Sucks for them.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Jesus, I'm really stupid. I thought the date said May 1st.

Hmmmm. You know, I have this special Airhead Clause in the Kate Doctrine to Life, so that's how I explain it all away.

Thanks for setting me straight.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Also, I'm totally dragging my husband down with me because he didn't notice the April 1st date either.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home