Sunday, October 09, 2005

Oh, how I enjoyed wearing a blazer--if only it was for a day.

Two days ago we experienced a sudden temperature drop here in south Texas, and it was like Christmas. I couldn't believe how happy I felt about 60 degree weather. I normally never welcome cooler weather, but that was back when I used to live in Alabama, and I thought the 90 degree heat in summers was hot, but then I moved to Texas, and I walked outside during a recent heat wave and burst into flames. Bursting into flames sucks and is unattractive in general. Plus, I have a lot of good feeling associated with cold weather and Christmas time in general now--what, with Dominic and I getting married and all Christmas Eve a year ago. So now that we're approaching the holiday season, cooler weather reminds me of that one time I put on a wedding dress and stood outside for two hours in 30 degree weather and said some vows, and then I fell down a flight of stairs. Memories.

Yesterday, Dominic and I went with some friends to a small little hovel of a restaurant in San Antonio that serves tapas. They also had live flamenco dancing. And sangria. That was a good time. Today we're observing the Sabbath by hanging out in our pajamas. Dominic's watching football, and I just ate a delicious sandwich.

(These were the ingredients: honey wheat bread, 2 slices of deli counter roast beef, one slice each of deli counter provolone and swiss cheese, leaf lettuce, tomato, cucumber, mayonnaise, and dijon mustard. Pickle spear on the side. Oh, heaven.)

So, what I'm trying to say is that we're really enjoying our last few weeks in Texas. And flamenco dancers are cool. And it's totally 80 degrees and beautiful outside today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

It's even been pretty hot here bc I'm even welcoming the cooler weather. One time at a candlelit Christmas Eve service, my hair burst into flames, but normally I don't have too many problems.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home