Sunday, October 02, 2005

Don't Let Me Get Started...

Well; sure enough, I survived Survival School. Then Water Survival School. It was not fun at all, and I have to say quite unpleasant. To save everyone time, I'll leave it at that. I'm glad to be out of the cold and back in Texas with my sweetheart though for sure. This has been our only separation of any length, and proved to be extremely difficult on us both. We made it through unscathed though!

With those schools behind me, Kate and I are only a month away from our PCS (move) to Omaha. While I was away at survival I met several people who were going there as well. Amidst the misery and cold I had a great time explaining how lucky Kate and I were to be moving to our new house and neighborhood. I honestly can't wait. We're going to have a ginormous grill. I wish we could have a charcoal and a gas grill, but someone(Kate) is giving me a hard time about that. It probably won't happen. At least right away...

Kate and I went shopping today because she left her flip flops at the hotel in NE. During the shopping we stopped at Cost Plus and talked about how much fun Christmas was going to be with our three stockings(The cat needs one too!) lined up on the fireplace mantle, listening to Christmas carols, and hopefully a lot of snow. It's going to be a ton of fun. Hopefully new and old friends as well of course! There are a lot of people from my school headed to NE as well. Kate loves Thanksgiving of course because she's a pilgrim, and we'll have a big dinner for that as well. I just really look forward to the Christmas holiday every year. It's so much fun.

It's so good to be back home with Kate. Leaving your family is incredibly difficult and even though we all do at some point it never gets easy. I guess that makes being home so much more special. I'll leave agin in two weeks and I know that although it's only for a week I'll miss Kate(and the cat) terribly. I'll be back in WA for another school, but at the same time I know that means when I get home Kate and I will be leaving TX and on to new and exciting things!

5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I wish I had a chimney and snow for Christmas. :(

8:39 PM  
Blogger Audra said...

Congratulations, Dominic! And yay for Kate for having her husband back. Hope you guys stop and see me in Wichita. :)

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew! Glad the Force was with you and that you returned safely. Tell the Pilgrim you deserve as many grills as you can cook on!

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well bro glad that whole thing is over wit for u and u can get back to some quality time with the little mrs. Stay on the ball keep movin forward Tarheel. Love ya be easy(drgaskn)

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There must be any number of blogs I could have ended up at after doing a search on how to cook chicken, but somehow I found myself at yours, Dominic. The truth is I've enjoyed it and, yes, I did learn something - this post is great value.

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home