Saturday, September 24, 2005

These Things Are Unrelated

Okay, so when the cashier at the local grocery store asks to see your ID upon purchasing a discounted bottle of wine, she does not want a long rambling explanation of how, no, you didn't just drive all the way from Alabama and that actually you've been in Texas for a year now and, anyway, that ID is almost expired because, see, look how short your hair is in the picture, it's short, right?, but it's really long now and, anyway, you're moving to Nebraska in a month and a half and you don't want a Texas driver's license, so you're just going to wait and get a new ID after you move.

The flower shop where I bought my wedding bouquet and, more recently, a flower arrangement for Dominic has closed. This makes me sad, and I hope the lady who owned the shop and arranged my flowers has moved her business to a better location than the tired, dumpy, half-abandoned shopping center where I first found her. I hope she didn't go out of business. She made really nice arrangements at extremely reasonable prices and was always very helpful to me.

I know I've been absent from the interweb lately. Maybe it's due partly to a slight listless depression from being by myself in Texas for the past two weeks. That first week by myself I tried to at least wear makeup everyday to keep up a semblance of normalcy, but last week I just stopped trying to do even that. I have been able to talk to Dominic on the phone for the past couple of days, so that's something good. I informed him that I do in fact still try to impress him, even after two years. And what I meant by that was that at least he inspires me to wear mascara.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Mascara ALWAYS makes me feel better. That and curling my hair. But I'm totally not shallow or anything.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home