Thursday, September 15, 2005

Happy One Year Kitty Adoption Anniversary

Basically, a couple of weeks after Dominic and I first started going out, I started begging him for us to adopt a cat together. Most men would have fled then and there, but my future husband just told me that we would adopt a cat, and soon, but not right then. A year later, almost to the date, he made good on his promise. The Monkey Butt has held the place of honor in our family ever since. Most of the time she's a very good cat, but right at this very moment, of course, she's tearing around our little apartment like a being possessed. Ouch, there goes a crash.

Anyway, here is the Monkey Butt when we first brought her home.





And here is her highness now.


These days she likes to dress up in her sombrero and Mexican blanket and just lay around the house and chill. She's pretty nervous about moving to Nebraska because she doesn't speak anything but Spanish, and she's worried about fitting in with all the other corn-fed kitties, but I think she'll get along just fine, especially since she's going to be on house arrest anyway, so those Nebraskan kitties won't be able to get to her to make fun of her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Okay, so I've been telling Matt that he has to get me a cat, but it totally hasn't worked.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home