Monday, August 14, 2006

Earn My Flight Pay?

I don't get it...After a year of moves, more advanced flight academics, a stint as a secretary's secretary, and more academics, I am finally going to fly tomorrow. That's right, a full year has passed since my last flight. Time flies when apparently you're not doing your job. I'm a little nervous, but luckily my first flight won't involve air refueling(I don't want to throw up). Two planes that close just seems wrong! Now that I'm starting my flights I hope to be done with training soon. Maybe a couple of months. At this point I have been in training status for over two years! I mean how much training do you need to fly a plane. It only cost like thirty something million dollars. Chump change...to the Gov at least. Anyways I've got more mission prep to do, but just wanted to let everyone in on the big news!

Oh yeah, Kate is really busy and working hard at the university. Tomorrow she's putting in some serious hours including a mock workshop. She's been working 9-5 and no one in this house is used to that! I know that sounds horrible, but it's so true. I have to run, Later!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ante has just been upped -- with your life, so please remember well all the pertinent training. And if you have to lubricate it with a little vomit, so be it!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

How was flying again? Hope it was more fun/excitemtnt than getting sick.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick,
You never call us. I am so sad. So now you are flying? I thought you were like a navigator or a WSO type. At any rate, Yun and I are in Monterey, CA. I'm at the post graduate school. Not a bad gig.

Talk about cost to the government. From here, I am supposed to fill a billet requiring a Master's degree, but will most likely go to Iraq or Afghanistan on an IA (individual augment) billet doing something completely counter to what I was sent here to learn. Semper Gumby!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home