Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Everything's So Unrelated

How the not-so-smart lose money.

8:00 in the evening and Dominic's asleep. That's how things go around here sometimes. I'm getting more used to it, but I still miss him in all the hours that elapse before I'm finally ready to succumb to sleep. Tonight I suppose I'll watch a Netflix movie. We've had the same three sitting around for a month now. Those tricky Netflix people invented this ingenious way to take advantage of lazy people who used to be in perpetually late-returned movie debt by inventing this idea of just paying a flat monthly rate and returning the movies whenever. Good for some people. Like people who are totally together and never waste their money, especially on something so frivolous as an obvious scheme to overcharge people for movie rentals. But for us? Right now we're probably paying, like, over six dollars for each movie. All because we are lazy heads.

Hair Bulletin:

My hair continues to look awesome. I finally got a haircut, like, two weeks ago, and my fabulous stylist, David, pimped out my hair until I can't even believe it belongs to me anymore. I can wear it curly or straight and it looks equally good. Under normal circumstances, before I got this haircut, if I wore my hair down I would scare small children in grocery stores and amuse thirty year-old men in Spencer's Gifts at the mall by the Chewbacca quality of the matted fur cascading down my back. Now I look like Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson. Actually, I definitely look more like Jessica Simpson. Britney Spears turned into plastic sometime in late 2001. Thank you, David, for this quality haircut. I wore it down today and I DIDN'T EVEN WASH IT. It looked just as good as did yesterday when I did wash it; nay, it looked better. The man must have magic talents.

Dominic said in complete earnestness, "Well, if we did a long hike on the Appalachian Trail, we'd check into hotels in the towns along the way."

About a week ago, Dominic got a pair of these shoes. He loves them so much that he wears them everywhere now, even in this cold spell we've had lately. It's really cute, like a little boy who loves his Superman pj's so much he has to wear them everyday of the week. This shoe fascination has also led, in a very down-spiraling sort of way, to us seriously considering investing in some backpacking gear pretty soon. This means we'll have to rethink our commitment to comfort camping, but I think we'll be able to cut back as necessary and have a good time. I've always wanted to try my hand at backpacking anyway, and I've got the right backpack and sleeping bag for it already. I figure that once we buy Dominic's gear we'll be mostly prepared to bond with the Texas wilderness: live oak, cacti, and asphalt.

Rock.

We'll still keep the comfort camping real too, y'all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pimped up hair pic, please.

SHOES SHOES SHOES, yesssssss!

Backpacking is a fine thought, so long as you don't have to tote your H20! (Them is heavy molecules.)

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DEFINITELY need a "hair picture"!
...watch out for those chiggers on a trip to the wilderness...

4:45 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Backpacking = something I don't do.

GOOD NEWS: I got the tickets!!! We are coming on Thursday (it was a lot cheaper than Friday) and leaving on Monday! :) Thanks so much for the money Dominic and Kate!

I missed your call yesterday bc I was watching UAB BASKETBALL! Yeah, we were on fire yesterday. Go Blazers! I will call you after 9:00 today. Love ya.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home