Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Dodged Another One, But...

Well after working myself into a tizzy about my checksim and whether or not I'd pass. I finally passed. I even did fairly well. So I am now out of the primary navigation phase and begin Intermediate Navigation Academics tomorrow. Academics isn't so bad as it's something I can easily control. I study, and that way things aren't so difficult. The sims and flights however are beyond my control and really make me nervous. Anyways, I dodged the bullet that would get me kicked out of Nav school. However...

Kate and I did not miss the bullet of adulthood this week. We purchased furniture together. No longer are we sleeping on headboardless beds andhand-me-down sheets from my parents. We have a full fledged bedroom set, complete with 400 thread count sheets, down comforter, and curtains. That's right people, curtains! And they even match! I know it sounds like nothing, or something I should already have but we didn't. We looked at some cool lamps and decided on a cool wicker thing and the shade has beads. Kate is also going to try and paint a design on canvas to help tie the room all together. I'm excited about that because I'm going to play with the paint too. I have no artistic skills though, it's so sad.

Kate and I also went to an awesome museum called the McNay here in San Antone. They had paintings by Monet, Picasso, O'Keefe, Chagall, and all the big names. It was amazing. I saw Monet's Water Lillies. The building itself was also fantastic, a Spanish hacienda with wonderful wood and tile work. I'm sure Kate will talk more about that.

Unfortunately, I have to go to work early, early so I'm out! Later!

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Buying grown up things is fun. I spoiled myself with 400 thread count sheets earlier this semester. And all of my Christmas presents had to do with cooking. Furthermore, I was EXCITED about the 400 thread count sheets and the cooking presents!!! REALLY excited! I guess adulthood happens whether we want it to or not.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home