Sunday, September 11, 2005

Air Force Wife

I dropped Dominic off at the airport around 7:00 this morning. It was a quick goodbye; I only had to pay a dollar on my way out of the parking lot. The cat and I have been sitting around in our quiet empty, apartment ever since. It's been raining all day so I didn't want to take the Blazer out and go anywhere. I'm scared of slick highways.

I called our friend Dale, whose life in New Orleans has been put on a temporary and surreal hold ever since the hurricane, and he's up in Jersey now with Brooke, being taken care of for a while. I'm sure he needs it.

I'm taking a knitting class next Friday. For serious. I might as well be moving to Antarctica as move to Nebraska. Knitting will come in handy. And keep me busy. I need to be busy right now.

So bring it: the mortgage dealings, the reading, the writing, the watching of TV's and movies. Let's fill up all these empty hours.

2 Comments:

Blogger Audra said...

Boo for the husband leaving, yay for free time I guess. :)

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so long as people don't start referring to you as Madame LaFarge . . .

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home