Thursday, August 18, 2005

The Countdown Has Begun...

Well after a year of flight school, Kate and I are almost out of here! Today I received my assignment papers to Offutt! I know that everyone is thinking, "Why the hell is he excited about Nebraska?" I honestly don't know, but I am. We have a report no later than of 15 November. So when I found out it was so soon, I called my bank and in fifteen minutes Kate and I had our first mortgage approved! Big news all around! I have been waiting so long for the opportunity to buy a house, it almost hurts to wait even if it is only another few months. The houses in Ne all have basements and I keep telling Kate that I'm going to buy a foosball table and a kegerator for flight parties and barbeques down there. Maybe a wine fridge...It's going to be awesome. Hopefully Kate will find a way to pay for all of this. Just kidding. Not really.

Kate and I also discoverd that Tommy Lee has got a new reality show where he attends classes at the Univ of Nebraska Lincoln where Kate is applying for graduate school. The school looks really nice on TV and Tommy Lee is really funny inadvertently. Anyways, everyone I meet who has lived there tells me it's a great town, but cold. That's ok, but Kate is probably in for a big surprise. I personally love the cold and can't wait to be around snow. I keep telling Kate one of the best things about cold weather is that you can leave your beer in the garage and it stays ice cold! No need to waste fridge space!

T-1's so far is awesome. It's such a nice break from the high stress atmosephere I was immersed in before. The jet is really fast and we'll be doing low-level flights at 500ft AGL and 240kts. That my friends is low and fast. I'm hoping it doesn't make me hurl. I'm pretty weak like that. Anyways, three weeks till graduation and survival school! I can definitely wait!

2 Comments:

Blogger Audra said...

Wow,that's very exciting! You'll be closer to KS then! Not that you guys really care about that, and not like we'll actually get together or anything because people always say "Oh, you'll be so close, we'll hang out all the time!" and they never do. That happens a lot.

But congratulations, anyway!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news, Dominic! So glad you are being posted as desired and that you are so excited about it. Happy househunting and remember that Kate will need a "study" for her graduate work! A.C.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home