Monday, August 22, 2005

Signs of Disfunction

Recently I made a caramel cake. Now, I was obsessed with the thought of making this caramel cake for nearly two weeks before I finally bought all the ingredients. During the making of said caramel cake I managed to dirty most of our dishes, and also the viscosity of the caramel? It was like cement, so cleaning up--well you can imagine how that went. Anyway, I went through all this trouble to make this caramel cake, and it ended up like heaven melting in your mouth and tasting like caramel, but in a rare moment of common sense lucidity I had made the mistake of giving away a generous portion of the cake to a neighbor WHO DIDN'T EVEN APPRECIATE IT I DON'T THINK, and therefore by the time I was down to the last piece of it, I wanted to kill myself because I wanted to eat the whole caramel cake because I am totally greedy like that and who knows when I'll bake another one? Something must be wrong with me because normal people don't pitch fits because they can't eat a whole cake by themselves.

But, seriously, the caramel cake: it was that good.

Also, I have been known to eat a whole giant sized box of Junior Mints during a movie. Those boxes have THREE portions in them. Maybe I should have my sweet tooth surgically excised. Or at least sometimes I wish I could.

4 Comments:

Blogger Audra said...

You are also capable of sitting on a box of Junior Mints at the movies. Ha ha ha! Sorry. I had to do it.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Yes, that too, Audra. I also have been known to do that still. They should put me away.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate, you are sooo a member of the Day/Nestor clans whose affability was/is undoubtedly due to all their sugar consumption. Don't even try to deny your heritage - - the truth will out in your blood sugar, babe.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Yeah, what I remember most about childhood and sweets is that you always made brownies when Mom and Dad went out on dates, and then we would eat like half of a totally ginormous pan just between us. And don't even get me started on those cookie squares that you just break off and set on the pan.

Oh.

Man.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home