Thursday, September 08, 2005

By Popular Demand, Pictures Of The House!

Well I thought I would post a few more pictures of the house to satiate the appetites of all those interested in the world of Kate and Dominic! First is a picture of Kate sneezing in what will soon be our living room. Kate and I like the fireplace, but not so much the dark brick. It's definitely growing on me though. This room is adjoining the foyer and the sunroom pictured below.



Kate won't be happy that I used this picture! Bless You! Posted by Picasa



The Sunroom Posted by Picasa
The sunroom is really cool, but the carpet needs to be replaced eventually. A good steam cleaning will be good for now though. However, there is some pink carpet upstairs that Kate and I both agree has to go right away!


The Master Bedroom Posted by Picasa
This is one side of the master, and what Kate and I really enjoy about this room is the cedar lined window seat/chest. It overlooks the backyard, and what Kate and I are certain is the largest tree in Omaha.

Overall though, Kate and I are super excited about our new old house. It was built in 1921, and has all the character and quirks that go along with a house that old. We're certain there will be troubles along the way, but we'll always work them out. We are on a beautiful old street lined with tall trees that will be wonderful in the fall when we get there. Kate will definitely get tired of raking leaves though. We're in a cool old neighborhood called Dundee and can walk to some of the local pubs and cab to downtown for under ten dollars I'm sure. Everyone say the sense of community in Dundee is great and have been very welcoming. Kate and I are so excited! Hopefully we'll be able to move in on Oct 31 and pass out lots of candy!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless Kate and the house, too! What I covet is the built-in bookcases!! Wise choice in ditching the pink carpeting - surely the entire house must have finished hardwood flooring? Congratulations, homeowners!
A.C.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home