Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I Should Be Doing Something Else...

Well, It's true. I should be. In the next five days Kate and I will move out of this apartment, drive across the country(uprooting our obnoxious Mexican kitty), close on our first home, and I'll find out about my new job. So we have something of a busy schedule. It's been somewhat surreal because we've done a little here and there, but we've left the brunt of everything for the movers, so everything is pretty much standard around here, except that we know we're about to leave. It's all very strange. Of course, we're totally nutty about the fact that we're about to buy our first house. I'm super excited about painting the interior, but Kate feels it's too early to talk about colors. I keep annoying her anyways though! She has it coming...
Today was my last day of work! Hooray! I am so glad to be leaving this base, and I'm really excited about starting something new. I guess that's one of the best things about being in the military. After a few years of doing something, it's time to start something new without being the low man on the totem pole again. It's not a bad racket.
Kate and I will be driving into NE on Friday afternoon and arrive Saturday evening. We have a hotel room with our cat and I'm pretty sure that's going to make everyone a little stir crazy. The three of us sitting around a hotel room blinking at each other is going to be a little awkward. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy...(this is what the cat is thinking as she is waiting for an opportunity to eat us.) We should be able to get out and enjoy ourselves though, because come Monday it's back to busy time.
I've booked all our utilities on Monday, and I have to gripe a little about the cable. It's one hundred and fifty dollars a month. The cable is like crack cocaine. They get started a little with some good programming and then they hit you with a DVR and high speed internet then you're hooked for life. Those bastards at Cox and Time-Warner are heartless. They know what they're doing, but they just don't care. Shameful. I hope that I can survive the five days without internet access. It's going to be hard for sure, but hopefully I can get a friend to supply me with some while I'm down on my luck. I'll have to get some for Kate too...

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Good luck uprooting the Mexican kitty. That's going to be a chore. Yay for moving to Nebraska! And I will pray for Kate having to drive all the way there.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto!

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home