Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Holy Crappity Do Dah!!!

Well, I know I haven't posted anything for a while, but it turns out a THREE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY NINE dollar natural gas bill will make you immediately write a post on your blog! Isn't that something? If before I lacked the motivation to write, in my need OPPD(the gas company)was there for me. Now, I knew that there were reports that the Midwest was going to have some inflated gas prices and heating oil costs, but I never expected this.

This is what happened: I hadn't received my first bill yet so I was concerned and I called the utilities company, OPPD. I asked the nice woman for my bill amount and why I hadn't been billed and she was kind enough to tell me 379. 95. I said "thank you" and hung up. Then after that number registered I said "wow" and called back. I talked to another woman and asked her if that was right. She said "yes" and since they estimate consumption it could be lower, and that forty dollars of the bill was a "connection" fee. I said "thanks" and hung up. I worried about it again for a while and checked my meter calling back the woman, Roxanne, and read her my meter number. She said "wow" and then I said "what?" Then she said, "This is bad, you are at least 120.00 over the estimate." I said "Holy Crappity Do Dah!"

Holy Crappity Do Dah. I have a 500.00 natural gas bill. I can't recall that part of the American dream. I most have been sleeping.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I suggest the wearing of the tobaggan, wool scarf, mittens and quilted coat - not to mention the storied kerchief and cap - while you ratchet down the heating bill? The American dream certainly has a nightmarish cast to it come the cold and wintry night! (Our gas bill was considerably more, also, but not in the 5C range.)

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aka toboggan

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home