Thursday, December 22, 2005

Go Away, Scrooge

There's been a bit of humbuggery going around here these days due to some shocking news (and for me, personally, because I am in the middle of a little gem by PKD that poses the question: What would the US have been like had we lost WWII? Slavery! Labor camps! The extermination of the entire indigenous population of Africa!) Anyway, at the end of last night, Dominic and I snuggled down in a bed full of blankets (because it's cold in our house now; we've turned the heat waaaaay down) and spent a moment feeling thankful that we have each other and a beautiful old (bottomless heat-sucking pit of a) house and a fat little cat and a happy marriage. We also felt grateful that we're able to spend Christmas together this year. We know we can't always count on our circumstances to be as such, and for the mere fact that we can celebrate our anniversary on Christmas Eve night and then wake up together on Christmas morning and go downstairs and open all our gifts to each other--for that fact we're thankful.

Speaking of gifts--will there ever be a point when I don't feel like a 10 year-old as Christmas approaches? I feel like I'm losing my mind, I want to open my presents so bad. Probably be up half the night of Christmas Eve, too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you never get over a 10-year-old's Christmas anticipation!

If you can afford them, down comforters with duvets are super for keeping warm at night. Check out IKEA for same. Second best are flannel sheets to begin the layers.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home