Monday, November 01, 2004

Don't Worry, The World Is Now Safe...

I just thought that I would let everyone know that since I am now on the job the world has been made safer. As long as the military keeps me busy at the base working(really I'm playing) at the pool and in life support living out my Top Gun dreams then the less time I am on the roads of Texas ranting at the incredibly slow drivers. Seriously though, it's better that I'm off the road.

Today was the first time I went into the hypobaric chamber and it was a very interesting experience. They took us to an altitude of up to 35,000 feet and let us experience hypoxia, or the lack of Oxygen to the brain. It kind of makes you a mixture of drunk, tired and for me a little angry. Mostly because I knew what was happening to my brain and I didn't like it. It also makes the gas in your stomach expand to nine times its normal size. Translation: it makes you burp and fart alot. Pretty cool, huh? When I called Kate to tell her I was coming home she quickly asked me "Did you fart?"

I also learned how to save myself in case my plane crashed into the ocean. I have to form a human chain with other survivors and calmly amidst an unforgiving ocean, burning fuel, smoke and aircraft wreckage one at a time make our way onto a survival raft one at a time. This is difficult even in the eight foot deep pool at the Officer's Club. There was more than one kicked-groin, elbowed-face, and smashed appendage. This of course is assuming we it make through an airplane crash intact. I have to say though it was alot of fun to swim in my flight suit even if I thought that life vest was going to pop my head off like, like something. I don't know.






"Do some of that pilot stuff Mav..."


"Safe in a giant lifesaver..."


"I won't sink, but I can't breathe!"





1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Oh man that looks like fun. I would much rather be making a human chain in the water than taking my awful chem. test!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home