Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Who's in Charge of the Kids?

Today, I attended an orientation downtown for the substitute position to which I applied two months ago.

The most exciting thing that happened was that there were doughnuts, and I ate one.

But I had to do it secretly, in the courtyard outside the conference room and hunched over a bench with my back turned to anyone who might see, because of something that happened at the Krispy Kreme store Dominic took me to sometime last week when I wouldn't quit moaning about how I needed to eat something sweet, oh I needed something sweet so bad, so bad, oh won't you please take me to get a doughnut, please, I need one, I need one!--and so on and so forth until he said okay.

And that something that happened was that I was ribbing him in the store about something or other and he just looked at me, something close to disdain on his face, and said,

"I just can't take you seriously like that."

There was icing all over my chin.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you hate it when that happens? How did the substitute thing go? When will you start?

1:35 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I haven't started substituting yet. I'm supposed to begin getting calls Monday. Thanks for the comment. For future reference, if you post anonymously please put your name in the comment so that I know who you are. Thanks.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Audra said...

So it was downtown... What I want to know is how did you get downtown? Surely you weren't alone. I know your sense of direction and how comfortable you are in big cities!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I did it alone! All by myself! And then I did it again! Today when I took the cat to the vet! Of course I'd been with Dominic before when we went to both places and he drove, but still I drove all by myself. On the freeway! Of course, you can't go anywhere in this city without getting on the freeway. So I'm sort of forced to by neccessity.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home