Monday, October 25, 2004

I'll Never Take Over for Willy Wonka...

Today while attempting to bake my first cake from a box mix I learned that I will never ever be invited to a top-secret magical chocolate factory populated by Oompa-Loompas and be selected as the heir to an eccentric chocolatier.

Error #1 Dropping the hand-held blender into the cake batter while trying to remove the beaters. Result: Messy, people laugh at you.

Error #2 Baking two cakes in two identical nine inch pans, at the same time, and in the same oven but producing two cakes of a different diameter. Result: Being forced into quickly cutting the second cake to a similar size while your girfriend is in the opposite room so she won't laugh at you.

Error #3 Having your cake and eating it too when you realize that your cake unlike other cakes is lacking frosting between the seperate cake layers. Result: Your girlfriend laughs at you.

I guess things could be worse and I could have no cake and delicious Breyer's French Vanilla to go with it. I just thought it was funny how I look at all these things andd think they're so easy, but then I try and it turns out I'm like any other dude in the kitchen. Kind of lost and trying to piece together memories from childhood about how Mom did it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home