Thursday, January 06, 2005

On Being Perpetually Lost and Perhaps Crazy

So far I've started off the new year like this:

Wandering around San Antonio in the blazer LOST LIKE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE FIFTY SOMETHING PLUS AT LEAST TUBES OF CHAPSTICK DOMINIC HAS BOUGHT ME IN THE PAST MONTH, or

Lying on the couch and meowing at the cat. Yes, internet, I said meowing. I meow at our cat. I can't help it. She makes so much noise it really is like she's trying to communicate with us, so I've been listening to her lately, you know, to see what kind of noises she makes and when and if they have inflections or what not and I try to see if it all means anything and then I try to imitate her just to see what happens, but then sometimes she meows at me so sharply and so completely unprovoked that you could almost call it a yell, that she is yelling at me, and that just annoys me so I yell back.

Other than that I've been reading my new book, Tom Wolfe's new novel, I am Charlotte Simmons and eating way too many Welch's fruit snacks. And by way too many, I mean that I'll eat three packs at a time three times a day, and then go eat a donut and then eat one more pack and then lie on the couch and meow at the cat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Wow Kate. I mean, I've been bored before, but... Ha:) Well, at least you are not in school. :)

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried sharing your multitudinous fruit snacks with the cat to see if that's what she's meow-yelling about? A.C.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home