Sunday, February 06, 2005

They Still Aren't On To ME!!!

Somehow, by sheer luck and bluffing, I haven't been kicked out of flight school yet. After an incredibly difficult two weeks of preparation, two cancelled flights for weather, and a lot of time spent at the squadron I passed my check flight with an excellent. This was pretty amazing to me seeing as how halfway through the flight I was ready to quit because I thought I had failed already! I decided to stick with it though and luckily I was able to pull it out. Unfortunately, we now have to begin preparation for our check sim which is no fun at all!
I am now one-third of the way through basic CSO school and I can't wait to finish. Hopefully soon Kate and I will find out what aircraft I'll be assigned and that will give us a good idea of where we're going. I know wherever we go we'll have a great time, but it would be great knowing so we can begin to plan. That's the best part of a PCS(permanant change of station), planning and thinking about all the new things you'll be able to do.
Well, I'm off to go and pick up a large number of buffalo wings for the game and then head over to my neighbor/classmate's apt to watch the Super Bowl and have a few/seven or eight beers. I am excited about it! Also, I get to sleep in tomorrow! Yes!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what you're essentially saying is that there is a parallel between football and navigation/flight training, namely that the fake play works at least some of the time? Enjoy the brews ... and the extra sleep!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Audra said...

Tricking the military is quite an accomplishment. I commend your aptitude.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home