Sunday, January 16, 2005

El Mariachi & Margaritas

Yesterday Kate and I decided to take the day and enjoy some San Antonio fun. We drove down to Market Square to do some shopping and picture taking. I went mostly excited about the thought of having nachos! The place was cool though, nothing more than a glorified flea market, but where else can you try on ponchos and sombreros? They had lots of little jewelry stands so Kate was in "sparkly things" heaven. I also was in Spanish tile heaven. I probably said "If we had a house we could get some of these..." a thousand or so times. What can I say, I like the Spanish style and nachos. We wandered around though for a while and I was a little disappointed that the farmers market was closed, but I guess it is Winter. I can't always have my way.


The place we went to for nachos was called La Margarita. We ate al fresco at tables covered in Spanish tile and ravaged by hooligan pigeons!


Lawless Pigeons!

La Margarita Posted by Hello
Since we were at La Margarita, we had to have a margarita, however I had to drive, so only Kate had the pleasure. The nachos were delicious. The best I've ever had. There was TOO much beef and chicken on them, and me saying there's too much meat on anything is a rare occurence! Kate also got fresh Gulf oysters. She ate five, I ate one. That was enough.


Mariachi! Posted by Hello

Then this Mariachi band came over and played Kate and I a love song. It could've been about stupid American tourists. I wouldn't know, I don't speak Spanish. It sounded great though and was our first Mariachi experience!

Overall, It was a great day and I'm so lucky to have the long weekend to spend with Kate. I wonder what we'll do today?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did Kate end up sharing some kinda sparkly bling with a hooligan pigeon, or did she just reserve her sparkles for Mia?

12:08 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Man, that sounds like some super spanish fun. I'll trade. School is stinky. But I did drag Matt with me to go see the Phantom of the Opera, and it was super good. I'd still like to be sung to though.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home