Sunday, January 30, 2005

Weekend in the City

The weekend was good. As it needed to be.

We discovered two very good restaurants--one, an excellent old school diner, decor courtesy of the 1970's (they had bottomless hot chocolate and fresh cream!), the other a French cafe and bakery which pushes the definition of charming to its limit and has free fresh bread with a variety of samples of homemade jams so good I wanted to hook myself up to them intravenously.

We also went shopping at the North Star mall, and I made Dominic go with me into Sac's where I immediately targeted their shoe department and spent a half an hour with my eyes bulged out at the designer shoes. Manolo Blahniks on sale were still 300 dollars. I told Dominic I pitied him because one day he was going to have to buy me some of these expensive shoes.

Today has been a bit of flurry of school work--Dominic doing it in actuality; I'm still considering mine. Also, running at the gym, which I've been doing a lot of lately for various reasons, and then making chicken salad, and hoping that Desperate Housewives comes on later.

I've got my first story due for my fiction workshop on Wednesday, and I've gotten it mostly written, except it still needs to be rewritten fairly badly. I'm afraid I don't like it, which is the case for almost every story I've ever written. Perhaps when I shape it up it will emerge into more of story, less of a case of random jumbly-mumbly words.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put me on that "gonna have to buy me a pair of those shoes" list ... (and would that have been Saks, as in 5th Ave.?)

and if you're gonna eat the bread and jam, then you're gonna have to do the running (though the charm is all, thank goodness, calorie-free)

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The '70s had no decor,unless you call orange shag "decor," which is more like anti-decor.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't rewrite badly, or what's the point?

5:43 PM  
Blogger Audra said...

Wow. I was seriously experiencing withdrawal from you blog.

Please don't take for granted that even though Dominic may be sleeping, there is still someone else there. I cannot tell you what loneliness feels like. Except that it's lonely.

As for free bread: ROCK ON!!!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Yeah, I am procrastinating on my schoolwork right now unfortunately. I am also never quite satisfied with what I've written. I also have a tendency to think that my work is brilliant and then later label it as monkey crap when I reread it. Hey, you are having anonymous comments a lot lately too! I'm getting pretty curious about mine. I think we have stalkers! It's bc we are so beautiful and brilliant, I guess. Enjoy those restaurants. Matt and I can never agree due to the fact that he likes greasy fast food and I prefer places like Macoroni Grill. But I have to give in sometimes, even though that type of food will be the cause of me running on the treadmill. Sigh, relationships are all about compromise, huh? Even if compromise results in a greasy sub from a place called Fat Sam's.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home