Monday, January 31, 2005

In Which I Make a Shakespeare Reference and Not Very Well at That

Dominic got home from work a half an hour early, which was just in time to catch me walking out the door to my Monday class, so he drove me to UTSA with the intent of working on his charts for his flight tomorrow while I was in class. I left him in the student lounge by the bookstore and preceded to class, where I sat for thirty minutes, waiting for a teacher who was a no-show on just the second day.

Once the girl with the brightly died red hair, which was shaven off on each side and left long on top, called the graduate office to find out what was going on, and once we all discovered our teacher was home sick with strep throat, I went back to the student lounge, where I found my husband, serenely bent over his complicated maps, completely absorbed and completely unaware that I was behind him. I bent down to kiss the back of his neck--

AND THEN I TOTALLY GOT REVERSE HEAD BUTTED.

Lesson: Never, ever sneak up behind your husband and try to kiss him on the back of his neck because he will think he is being accosted and will reverse head butt you and it will hurt.

Admittedly, that was stupid--what I did.

Afterward, we went to La Madeleine, the French cafe, where Dominic had an excellent mushroom chicken pasta and I had a caesar salad and then molested the complimentary fresh bread and jam. Afterward, I declared that La Madeleine had stolen my heart, and then I ordered a cafe mocha with a shot of mint to take home with me. The poor guy making the coffee for me spilled some of it on his hand, which must have burned like hell and all Montagues, and on the way back to Dominic's fancy pants sports car I remarked that I felt guilty for ordering the frivolous overpriced flavored coffee that cost a man the use of his hand.

And then Dominic and I laughed really hard, not at that poor man, but at how funny the moment was.

But I really am sorry, man who made my frivolous overpriced flavored coffee. So sorry, I've had to tell all the internet in effort to absolve myself from my sins.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not exactly a Mintsummer's Night Dream for the barrista.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"proceeded"

6:14 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

One thing about blogging:

There is no one to edit your writing before you click on the little button that says, publish.

Thanks for pointing out the word problem. Please leave me a name in the future though. Thanks.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Audra said...

You sure are apologizing a lot lately. Maybe you should be a little less clumsy? :) I know how it is being clumsy, though!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home