Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Back To The Grind...

Well after weeks of doing sim flights and failing them, and then retaking them and passing them I moved on to my next phase of training. That translates to about four weeks of straight academics and two tests. So far, I'm not very excited about the curriculum, but still it's so much better than doing sims! My old class is dropping(new assignments) on Thursday, so I'm totally jealous because I am dying to know where Kate and I will be going. Only a few more weeks though and we should have some information though. Not too bad...

Kate's birthday is coming up soon, and I'm trying to decide what to get her. She gave me an idea of what she wants,l but I think I can come up with something better. What does she really know about what she wants for her birthday? Just kidding! Seriously, JUST KIDDING! She wants to take a trip to Corpus Christi and eat at a fancy seafood restaurant. Speaking of seafood, for a city that's three hours or less from the Gulf of Mexico, seafood counters here extremely lacking. I went to a local market here and they had no fresh seafood. I was relegated to frozen shrimp. I know, dangerous...It worked out, but I am have been totally spoiled by living near the ocean. It's difficult to transition back to this dry-land lifestyle. I say this now when Kate and I will most likely end up in Nebraska. Steaks here we come!

This past weekend Kate and I went to a minor league baseball game with some of the people from my old class. It was a lot of fun. A really old man got slammed with a baseball and that was really kind of sad. I'm not sure if he got to keep the ball, they wheeled him out pretty quickly. That's right, wheeled...How sad is that? After that, we went to a bar and Kate continued to have a few more beers while I responsibly abstained from drinking. I am after all, Mr. Responsibility. However, on Thursday when my old class drops I promise to you, I am going to be ridiculously drunk at the Officer's Club and my wife will have to drive me home, and back again in the morning to pick up my car. This is my pledge to you. I deserve it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home