Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Oh, the excitement. Stay with me, people. Don't pass out.

So Dominic's skipping town until Sunday afternoon. He'll be in Seattle throwing back some Woodmere Hefeweizen, and I'll be here...in Texas...with the cat...and Netflix. So in honor of the next few days of living like a single woman I'll be:

1. Making chicken stew. Yay for chicken stew.
2. Drinking wine. Hopefully this won't end up like last time when I drank wine by myself and then woke up the next morning. On the couch. Beside an empty bottle.
3. Watching Hustle and Flow. Dominic wouldn't take me to go see this movie last weekend, and when I said, "Why not? You're black," he wasn't impressed.
4. Eating a whole pan of brownies. Because a girl's got to get her brownie on whenever she can.
5. Frequenting the gym. Because of the brownies.

I'll also be messing with the cat, self-tanning, reading Out of Africa, drinking coffee even though it's freakin' 110 degrees in Texas, and playing all of the 7 chords I know on a guitar by practicing these songs: Emaline by Ben Folds Five, Linger by the Cranberries, Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison, The World Has Turned and Left Me Here and Island in the Sun by Weezer, and any other songs I can find that don't use chords more complicated than the open ones and the one bar chord I know and, oh yeah, D7. I know that one. And also, to hear me play is like trying to distinguish symphony in cacophony, and I suck, but so what.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Yeah, sounds like my life this summer. Except you can substitute the brownies for ice cream. All kinds of ice cream... mint chocolate chip, cookies and cream, chocolate chip cookie dough.... And you can substitute hitting the gym for laying on the couch and watching every TLC show you can imagine...A Makeover Story, A Wedding Story, Perfect Proposal, Second Chance....

Yeah. Boring, boring summer.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home