Thursday, June 09, 2005

Peach Season Baby!

It's Peach Season baby! This past weekend Kate and I drove to a town called Fredricksburg, known locally for their peaches. Kate and I were skeptical to begin with being from the dirty, dirty South, but we were more than pleased with the flavor and ripeness of the peaches. It has in fact become a bone of contention with Kate and I. She, as many of you know, does not like to share. She had sliced some peaches into a bowl and I asked very politely if I could have some. She said no and since she had put forth the effort to slice them she shouldn't have to share. Also, I was more than welcome to cut up my own peaches. I reminded her that I drove the three hours to Fredricksburg and back, so she gave me a spoonful half-heartedly. It reminded me of when her sister Carrie offered us a bite of her strawberry cheesecake once. It was incredibly sad...

On the work scene. It is not fun. Not only that it's not going to get better. Which is really not cool. I have to stay at work all day it seems and then go back to study later in the evening. I simply cannot wait until this fiasco is over!

Kate and I are still really excited about Nebraska, but we were disheartened to find that there are no travel books about the state, at least here in Texas. How sad is that? A state that doesn't merit a travel book...We're still excited and I can't stop looking at real estate on the web. Even though I know I won't buy a house for a few months I just can't stop looking! I'm addicted! Houses and peaches...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Contact Nebraska's Travel and Tourism Bureau - surely they have one?!

That sharing lesson must not have gone so peachy-keenly way back 20 or so years ago - and that's the pits, Dominic.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home