Monday, September 12, 2005

And on the second day

So apparently all it takes is two days by myself for me to unravel Lord of the Flies style. Chaos reigns in the apartment. The cat races madly to and fro as I sit on the couch watching marathon VH1 Celebreality shows. The pan of brownies dwindles in front of me as if black framed bespeckled Piggy himself has gotten his chubby hands on them. Will there be brownies for breakfast tomorrow? Probably. Because left to my own devices I devolve into a three year-old within a time-span of 48 hours. Or a nearsighted (or was Piggy farsighted?) fat kid stranded on a deserted island.

This is why I'm not allowed to eat brownies when Dominic is home.

Haven't heard anything from our real estate agent about our house since Dominic left. Which bothers me a little. We've been doing nothing but breathing and eating the house-buying process for two weeks now, so two days of silence makes me feel nervous. I mailed off a big package of application papers to our mortgage company today, and I fully expect them to call me on the phone and berate me for not completing it right. Dominic and I tried to fill out the application correctly, but it was really extensive and confusing. Hello, I'm stupid. I'm still not sure I know what escrow is. This is why most 23 year-olds don't buy houses.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Yeah, if my roommates are gone for the weekend, I get so homesick for human interaction that I just lay in bed all weekend. I also ate brownies for breakfast on Friday actually. And it was well-deserved bc I had my first test that day AND I had to go home and work for the weekend. And I don't feel remorse for doing it. Not one teeny drop. Chocolate is woman's gift for being special and wonderful. Always remember that, Kate... always remember.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now is the time to learn what escrow means, particularly as it relates to brownies, Heideggar, and the lint filter in your dryer.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home