Friday, November 11, 2005

Really, this post doesn't make any sense. Consider yourself warned.

Hey, look at what we found beneath the wallpaper in our dining room. More wallpaper!


Take a closer look. Wow, that stuff is old. And cool--but wait, something's off here. Oh yes, that's right. This crap is IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE. Soooo...


Wow, look at Dominic use that heavy iron steamer. You probably can't tell just by looking at this picture that it took us only two days, a million curses, and the unveiling of what was probably aqua colored lead based paint, before we finally had wallpaper-free walls. But, heck, I ain't complaining. If anything I'm toasting; I'm saying, Cheers to you unwieldly wallpaper and lead based paint! Cheers to you home ownership!

In other things, we had a barbeque today that involved people from Dominic's work, spinach and artichoke dip, and our first rack of ribs since leaving Alabama. Last night we walked to a bar. AGAIN. It never gets old, this being able to walk to places that serve frosty cold beer, AND THEN WALK HOME AGAIN and Dominic doesn't have to drive (because it's a well known fact I don't DD ((not that I drunk drive either, god forbid; I've just mostly made Dominic drive in the past because that's what he got a sports car for and he can be a DD if he wants to drive it because I'm not driving it, and this sentence has officially descended into a convoluted mess so I'm ending it now))).

Right.

In other, other things, I didn't get the job with Kaplan, and that sucked. This was only the second time I've ever been turned down for a job, but this was my first time trying to get hired by being educationally qualified, which, for this job, I apparently wasn't.

So, the job search does go on, and yuck, yuck, yuck. I have another application pending somewhere, and blah, blah, blah. Really, I just want to get back in school, but I really need to make money to do that effectively, and even after I finally get my MA, I'll still have to find a job, and then Dominic and I will move again, AND I'LL HAVE TO FIND A JOB, and oh my god, the road of self pity this has suddenly taken me down.

Oh well. I'll get hired somewhere somehow soon enough, and until then--I'LL PAINT! Orange walls, red walls, yellow walls, green walls--and a beige wall? A BEIGE WALL!

Lately, my life has been a lot of fun.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was totally necessary to ditch the wallpaper - really good decision, you clever new homeowners!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Looks good guys! Can't wait to see it all. Sorry about Kaplan. They must not need anyone right now. -Brooke

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home