Wednesday, November 16, 2005

These shoes are cute, right? Dominic, you were wrong.

Okay, so I bought these boots today (middle color) and Dominic was like, are you sure you want those boots, and I was like, yes, they're awesome (ladies, back me up here) and Dominic was like, you only like them because they look like those boots with the tassels on them you used to wear when you were a majorette in high school, and I was like, YES, YOU'RE RIGHT.


But I also like my new boots because they have ATTITUDE, and I live in Nebraska now, so I can justify buying boots, because, hello, it's cold here. We also bought a snow shovel at the local Lowe's today, and I found myself wondering, What fresh hell have I found myself in?, much like our little kitty cat did when we tossed her Mexican carcass out the back door yesterday into the accumulating snow.

Anyway, I probably found myself a job today at a bookstore. The pay is for crap, but I only have to work mornings, so that will mesh well with my school schedule once that starts up. I have to go for another interview with the manager on Friday, but I'm pretty sure that's the time for me to fill out information for W-3's and whatnot. Dominic scolded me gently last night about finding a "real" job, and I said, "Oh my god, are you my parents?" but he's right, and I suppose I have been a bit of an underachiever lately. Once, I'm back in school, however, you guys won't be able to get on to me anymore because I'll be a Student in Pursuit of Higher Learning, and isn't that supposed to admirable or noble or something? That's right, ha. I'll be noble.

But I'll be working soon, and for now that's good enough.

Also, today I drove to the interview, and the roads were slightly icy, and oh goodness, really, where I have I found myself? Oz in winter? Narnia during the reign of the White Witch? The snow, it's still on the ground. It didn't melt--BECAUSE IT'S STILL COLD OUTSIDE.

My little Southern mind. Officially blown.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bodacious "style" boots, but you'll need something a bit more "weatherish" is what I'm thinking - particularly in 2 feet of snow!

The thing about working in a book store is that what little you earn tends to end up back in the store's coffers. Seriously, I know.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The boots are CUTE, but not practical for your clime...hi to Dominic, and we want to see pictures of the new decorating...

5:18 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I'm so jealous of the snow!!! You get to play in the snow and I have to write a paper on Margaret Fuller and Transcendentalism and study for and accounting test. This just seems not quite fair....

6:25 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Okay, okay, I get it! Boots cute but not appropriate for snow. I was just justifying a bit of inappropriate spending. Thanks to Brooke for the muck boots from Target idea.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home