Sunday, January 08, 2006

Open Mouth Surgery

Unfortunately in the morning, I will be put under general anesthesia for the first time and have my wisdom teeth violently ripped from my mouth. Needless to say, I am not looking forward to it. The one good thing is that except for the hour and half Kate will be at class, she'll be at home looking after me. Nurse Kate...sweet, sweet Nurse Kate.
Anyways, I'll be at home convalescing for a few days so Kate went out and bought me plenty of applesauce and yogurt. I'll be veggin' on the pullout sofa for many days. It's going to be fun except for that mouth pain and losing a part of my body that I've had for so long. I used to say that I would keep my wisdom teeth because if the apocalypse occurred I would need them to chew and digest tree bark. Now, when the apocalypse comes, I have no chance. That sucks. Oh well. I will be getting narcotic drugs for the first time ever. That will be strange and new. Hopefully I won't become addicted to prescription drugs.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all went well today, Dominic, and that you are resting comfortably on the pull-out with Nurse Kate indulging your every (reasonable) whim.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Yeah, I'm completely not jealous of this.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home