Sunday, May 15, 2005

Incognito

Dominic is in a top secret phase of his training, which means he can't bring any of his materials home and has to study at the base, even on the weekends. Today, he was lamenting the fact that I can't even go with him and sit around and maybe read a book while he studies because, you know, the stuff he studies is so top secret and all. We were sitting at our table, splitting the last Diet (crack) Cherry (cocaine) Coke, as he was saying this, and then suddenly, he stopped and looked at me and said, "You're not, like, a Russian spy like in Alias, are you?"

I just looked at him.

"Are you sure your name isn't Katerina...Ferguslav?"

I just looked at him.

That's funny because my maiden name is Ferguson, for those of you who don't already know that. Actually, Ferguson is still my legal name because I'm a bad wife and haven't changed it yet after five months of marriage. It's all just systems, man, you know?

And this is unrelated, but let it be known that I am the so-far reigning champ of Scrabble after having handed Dominic his manly pride on a beat-down platter last night. Dominic even scored 54 points on ONE word (which, I might add is astounding) but I was so far ahead even that little piece of triple-word-score magic couldn't bring me down.

Next up: MONOPOLY. Be prepared for pain.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Game of Scrabble? What? I've never even heard of such a game!

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously, then, your brain has been Scrabbled!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Audra said...

Yay for top secret missions. Sounds like fun!

I would totally kick your ass at Scrabble. I am the word master. Except you are an English major. Hm. I retract my statement.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home