Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Math Papers Marked Careless

After the second burned-beyond-recognition dinner in a week I'm beginning to wonder what's wrong with me. I've never been a great cook, but then I've never been a fire hazard either. Also, this dinner was burned for THE SAME REASON. I mixed up my burners. Ugh.

Here: I'll tell you what it's all about. Some kind of screwy spatial reasoning, a conflict between the left and right parts of my brain, the way I can't ever tell my left from my right. I guess I'm smart enough to really, really think and wonder about the ways in which I just might possibly be stupid.

I've been mixing up too many things lately. Really, isn't 23 too young to already be slipping into dementia?

In funnier news, last night I was watching HGTV with Dominic and making fun of some poor woman's last name, which was LaPrairie, and Dominic said, "Hey, your last name isn't great either."
I said, "What's wrong with Gaskin?"
"It's a part of a horse's ass."
"Whatever. It is not. Look it up."
"Look, it says here," he said flipping through Webster's, "Gaskin, a part of the hind leg of a quadruped between the stifle and the hock--see HORSE illustration. So I guess it's more of the hind leg than the ass."
"Oh my god. Your last name means horse's ass," I said.
"You mean, your last name."
"My last name is Ferguson, fool."

Lastly, the evening was rounded out by Dominic observing that LaPrairie means "the grassy field" in French. Always fun times in the Gaskin-Ferguson household.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Regardless of whether or not Gaskin relates to a horse, you should probably consider changing your name soon, Kate. I mean, it's not like you haven't been married for 5 months!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would color-coding eyes with their respective controls help?

Gaskin - hmm, is that why you're always having to pony up?

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've also informed Kate(or should I say, Katarina Ferguslav?) that the SA-9 Gaskin is a former Soviet Union surface-to-air missile system that can target coalition aircraft...destroy on sight.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home