Friday, January 13, 2006

Princess Tigerlily

There's something about being in school that can make me feel humorless. Generally, I think it's because I usually feel intimidated in scholarly situations. That, and also nobody gets my jokes.

Lately, I've been trying to figure out everything that comes with starting a new school, new classes, new program. Also, I'm still working part-time. So it would appear that my uselessness as a ne'er-do-well housewife has come to an end. And now I'm just another confused English Lit. graduate student with a liberal bent and vague, misguided aspirations to grandeur. Not that I even take my vague, misguided aspirations to grandeur seriously. So what does that leave me with? Jokes no one understands. Right.

Well, Dominic came home with a bottle of wine he got for a dollar at a raffle today. So that's good.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try taking the $1 bottle of wine to class and plying your fellow scholars with same - - they might just find some humor in your jokes ... but don't count on the grape expectations.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Audra said...

Dollar wine is always a blast. :)

5:23 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Nobody knows how funny I am, either.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home