Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I'm Sick and Kate Won't Share Her Peanut Butter Cups With Me.

I'm sick and Kate won't share her peanut butter cups with me. Everyone begin feeling sorry for me starting...now. Just kidding. Seriously though, Kate is not good at sharing.

I've started school which means I'm no longer a secretary which is kind of scary because it means I'm starting my "grown-up" job. If you consider a bunch of boys dressing up and playing war full-time "grown-up." I did go out to my jet and I found out that they smell like giant flying porta-potties. That's going to be a lot of fun. So far though everything is going ok and I'm sure in a few weeks I'll be ranting about how dificult school is and that I hate my job, but for now everything has been cake.

These past few months I haven't been writing much as everything for me has really slowed down. I mean in the past three years so much has happened, and I had what seemed to be insurmountable goals and tasks in front of me. Now, those things have passed and I have like everything I want and need. I talked with Kate about this some and we decided I should set some new goals for myself but I can't seem to think of any. I've also tried to think of a new hobby for myself with no luck(I have excluded exercise from the list of potential hobbies). I thought maybe furniture making or stained glass windows, but those ideas don't seem very lofty. I was watching Rudy the other day and thought that unless I have some grand goal no one will ever chant my name in a stadium. That kind of depressed me a little. It made me think that maybe after my military service is up I should run for political office. Kate tells me that I should, and I think it would be something that I could get excited about. I've looked up my party here in Nebraska, but they seem somewhat inaccessible to me. Their website is broken. How sad is that. Anyways, I don't need to harp on the disorganization of my own party. Was that out loud? Sorry. I need to find a new hobby. Any suggestions?

Oh yeah, speaking of parties. June 10th. Rager...Like college, frat-boy,crazy, barbequing a whole pig rager happening in Omaha. Promotion party. Everyone's invited.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

I'm definately in favor of your future in politics -- as long as I get to have some position in the "Elect Dominic" campaign. Perhaps you should enroll in some law classes so you never stop going to school. That's a hobby right? Or is that a career...

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finding a cure for cancer in your down time would be an enormously useful and productive hobby. You could move on to eradicating stupidity and greed after that.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

I don't have any advice on the hobby thing (mine's drinking!), but can I be your speechwriter?

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home