Friday, February 17, 2006

Manly Men Fix Stuff

Hey, guess what? I had another anxiety dream about prom again! This time I forgot to buy my jewelry ahead of time (so I had no jewelry, oh no!) and my hair was frizzy, and I had to get ready in a department store bathroom (what the crap?)! It was awful!

It's four degrees in Omaha today. A friend at work asked me how I was dealing with the weather. I said, "It's like the weather and I, we're two dogs, you see? And we're not sure about each other yet. We're wary of each other. So we're circling around and sniffing at each other. And we haven't made our minds up yet." Oh, how descriptive am I.

Today, I got home from work and there was an electrician in the house. An electrician who charges 65 dollars an hour! He was in our home because Dominic invited him here to fix some stuff that needed fixing after Dominic cut a hole in our bathroom ceiling and then put a ventilation fan in it and then wasn't sure what to do next. Actually, Dominic's been doing a great job with a couple remodeling and maintenance projects these past few days. Even now he's crawling around somewhere in the abyss of our attic doing god knows what, but I'm sure it entails the manly art of fixing something. My idea of "fixing something" is plugging in the printer, so Dominic is handy to have around these days.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At those rates, are you certain you wouldn't rather study to be an electrician? You could be a highly literate one, with a concentration in creative wiring, oh I mean, writing.

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kate and Dominic, I have spent a cold Saturday morning reading your blog. Your address is listed on "Lust's" blog, and even though I know you, I feel as though I've been reading your diary without permission. Loved your wedding pictures and reading about your new house adventures. But I must admit, as the mother of Lust, I've mostly enjoyed pictures of Lust and his Six Deadly Sins friends!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Thanks for stopping by, Lust's Mother! We like visitors here.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I had an anxiety dream that Zac got pregnant and then had a baby, and then all of the baby's teeth fell out. Yeah, I'm not sure....

Anyway, my hair is needing a trimming as well and I'm avoiding it like the plague, bc hair salons ARE places of doom and nothing to joke about.

11:11 AM  
Blogger dany chandra said...

I’m glad you posted something like this one. Consequently those people became aware in identifying the different electrical services. We know that somehow it will help people.......Electrician Manly

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home