Friday, February 10, 2006

A List

1. I need a haircut. Badly. Dominic cannot understand why I just won't go get one. Only my sister can understand that salons are scary places of doom, frightening second only to having to speak to hostesses in restaurants or talk on the phone to a stranger. Plus there's the thing with tipping, and how do you do that without being awkward, and all like, "Do you mind if I add the tip onto the check?" or, worse, clumsily pulling a fistful of dollar bills out of your purse and having your stylist be all, like, "Excuse me," and run away, avoiding your eyes.

2. Yesterday, on my afternoon run, I realized I had to go number two when I was about a block away from the house. So I doubled back, you know, to take care of it, and then when I went back outside and had gotten less than ten minutes into my run, it started snowing.

3. Dang, I need a haircut.

4. I had a dream last night that I was going to Prom. Only my dress didn't fit me right anymore. And I got my hair did the day before, so that when I slept on it I got it all messed up. And I hadn't found an evening bag to go with my ensemble yet. And shoes! My shoes were all wrong. And then nobody would dance with me all night.

5. Dominic and I are going to Jersey to visit Brooke at the end of the month. Yay!

6. Mia tried to kill herself yesterday by going on the other side of the iron railing that lines the upstairs part of our stairwell and trying to lay down. There's, like, an inch of space on the other side of the railing, and I totally thought she was going to fall off the second story of our house and die. But she didn't.

7. Right now I'm absentmindedly twirling my hair. This is annoying. I need a haircut.

8. I've got a lot of writing and reading to do for various classes this weekend. ...And I'm back in school.

9. There was a gas leak in the employee area of my work this morning. I'm pretty sure that's bad. I'm glad I'm not there anymore.

10. This weekend won't involve shots of tequila like last weekend did. I'm pretty bummed about that, it turns out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are in such a snit about snips and tips, have Dominic cut your hair. While he may require a tip, it certainly won't be awkward, frightening or full of doom ... unless of course he becomes a Jekyll/Hyde when holding a pair of scissors. (And if he's going to snip your locks, better he doesn't load up on the t. shots.)

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home