Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine

So yesterday, I got up super early, went to work, shelved frantically, came home and rushed to finish my essay due for my 1:00 class and also complete my application for a T.A. I'm applying for, and then the printer broke, and I freaked out and called Dominic, and he didn't answer, so I just moronically pushed the power button on the printer over and over again, and then I saved my essay and my sample paper (for my T.A. application) on a floppy and tried to think if I could use a library printer to print these papers off at the school because I didn't know where any computer labs were located on campus, and then I called Dominic again, and this time he answered, and he said, "Is the printer hooked up to the computer?" and I said, "I don't knoooowwww," and he said, "Have you checked?" and because I'm a moron I hadn't, so I checked and the printer was actually unplugged so I plugged it in, and then the printer started printing, but I swear to god it was printing in tongues because those were not words; those were devilish, archaic symbols or black magic or something, but then the printer started printing recognizable words again, so I grabbed my papers and went to class and afterward when I was trying to find the English department so I could hand in my T.A. application packet, I got lost and wandered around the Arts and Sciences building for 20 minutes, and I cried a little and the whole time I was incredibly hot, and then I finally found the English department and then I drove home...

And Dominic had a dozen red roses on the kitchen counter for me and dinner reservations at an Indian restaurant downtown. And then he said he loved me, and he went running with me.

Because he is awesome, and I love him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
When you're in doubt
Plug the printer in, too!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Good old Dominic...hope you had a good Valentine's Day. And can't wait to see you soon. I don't think I have to work when you're here except for a little housesitting (with pugs!), so we'll enjoy this strip mall that is Jerz.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home