Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Mia is a Snoring Snorer

Last night Mia woke us both up, she was snoring so loud. What kind of cat snores? Honestly.

I made a caramel cake yesterday, and then today, right before I went on my afternoon run, I met up with Dominic, who had just pulled into our driveway.
"Hi," I said. "I have to go for a run because I don't feel so good. I ate a piece of cake for breakfast."
"Awww," he said, "and you ate one for lunch?" I nodded. "And for a snack?" I nodded, and then I said,
"How did you know that?"
"Oh, sweetie, I married you."
Then I sighed because it's true. Dominic knows me too well.

And speaking of Dominic, lately he has seemed to be just awakening to the realization that our slow, relatively stressless college days, wherein we would go to the same classes and be together every day and then come home and be together every day, have ended and it may not be that way with us again for years and years. I'm a little dumbfounded that it took him a year and a half to understand this sad turn of events. I'm pretty sure I got it way back when in Texas, when he would be gone for 10 hour days, sometimes weeks at a time, and then it was just Mia and I, sitting on the couch and blinking at each other for hours. I suppose now that I'm busier and he's a little less busy he has time to think about my not always being here, and that makes him sad. It makes me sad too. But, hey, soon the universe will right itself once more because he begins training again in March, so that means at that point I might see him again around, say, September. Ugh, the travails of sickeningly-in-love married folk who would sit around making doe eyes at each other and saying, "I love you," "No, I love you," for hours at a time if they didn't have to go to work. I mean, I hate those kinds of people.

Anyway, here's hoping our loudest of loud cats doesn't keep us up with her snoring again tonight. Really! What kind of cat snores?

1 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

Actually, Albus snores too, but it's cute little cat snores. On the other hand, he does swat me awake every morning around 6:30 or 7, just to let me know he needs to be fed. That's how I wake up every day now - kitty paws whacking my nose.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home