Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Southern Accent Strikes Again, or All These Midwesterners Think I'm a Hick

Today in my Native American nonfiction class, we were workshopping the very rough draft of my project (which basically comprises my entire grade, oh scary) and I mentioned how I was actually really nervous about this workshop because, heck, I've been in creative writing workshops before, but I'm more accountable for the work I write for this class.

Suddenly everyone in my class got very quiet and looked at me, aghast. My teacher said, "Did you just say you were a cannibal?"

I said, "No, accountable."

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

KATE!!! What is wrong with us that neither one of us has called each other in like a month!!! We are both bad sisters. You can't have TWO bad sisters. One of us has to be responsible at least. Oh well I am definately going to call you soon.

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, English Southern fried ... a delicious tale.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home