Thursday, March 16, 2006

Serious stuff about my future and then a jam session.

Today, I had a meeting at UNO about my new teaching assistant position. Apparently, I will be teaching my own Composition I class.

Me. Alone. All by myself. As in my name will be listed with the class when people go to register. This is very, very exciting and scary all at once.

This job is good, good news. It will pay my tuition. It's a substantial (as in more than double, though that isn't too difficult to accomplish) monthly pay raise from what I make working at the bookstore. And it will provide me finally, finally with job experience relevant to my career as a teacher if that's the road I choose to continue to follow.

So, wow. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but this is good news. And finally I have valid proof that I'm not as much of a slacker as I try to portray to the internet. See, internet? I have a JOB. That Dominic basically guilted me into applying for. BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER. My new job shall now serve to validate my existence. I think I learned that from the feminist movement.

Anyway, Dominic and I are having house guests tomorrow. We have dubious plans to feed them lots of good food, including some Brie we picked up at the grocery store just now. Say you: What if your house guests don't like Brie, Kate? I say, the more for me then! Oh, delicious, delicious Brie.

Also, Dominic cleaned out the truck today and salvaged a bunch of CD's that were just rolling around in the back of it. So I've been playing DJ today with all the newly discovered goods. So far I've made him listen to Rufus Wainwright, Justin Timberlake (JT!!!) and I gave a special shout out to him with some 50 Cent.

3 Comments:

Blogger Audra said...

I have an embarassing guilty pleasure for Jessica Simpson as well as JT. I'm awful!!

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Validation is nothing to sneeze at, my dear.

Would the menu include something green? Pepper jelly to go with that Brie?

3:50 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Yay, Kate! Way to go on the class thing. You'll do great, and I'll be happy to help.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home