Monday, March 27, 2006

This Is The Scariest Thing Ever...

I 've recently realized what I think maybe one of the scariest things in my life. Even more terrifying than when I was grabbed by the Wicked Witch of the West at a haunted house when I was five, and that my friends was life traumatizing-scary. So what is it that frightens me so much? I agree with George W. Bush on two issues. Two! Which is one more than too many! It frightens me so much that I'm a little stunned. I find myself having to sit down and wonder what happened. Why God? Why?!?!

The first issue happened a few weeks ago when the Dubai company bought the rights to the company that scanned cargo coming into the US. I felt that the reason why people don't want them to own the company quite frankly is fueled mostly by a distrust and moderate to blatant racism towards Arabs and others from the Middle East. I'm sure everyone's saying "Nuh Unh!" I have a hard time coming up with another reason why some other foreign entity should not be able to continue the terrible job the present company is doing? Can you come up with any reasons? Maybe people out there could enlighten me.

The second issue is that of immigration. I believe in it. My mother is an immigrant. Your grandparents or great-grandparents probably are or were! Why does everyone hate immigrants? This is a country founded by immigrants. When I read about the immigration reform that Congress is trying to pass it just makes me sad that people would rather jail Hispanics than allow them the opportunity to work hard and suceed in this country. It's ridiculous! I hate it, but dubyah has a guest worker program idea that would allow current illegal aliens amnesty and become honest members of the American workforce. I agree with him. It hurts me to say, but I side with dubyah on immigration(It hurt so much to say that. I threw up in my mouth a little too). It does great things and reenergizes America. You probably don't agree and I look for enlightenment from those who have it to give.

It's a sad day I tell you. I never thought this would happen, but it did. I'm not certain I will ever be the same and I need some help.

3 Comments:

Blogger C.J. Carpenter Hardin said...

I am in agreement on the second issue even though I am equally as disturbed by the fact that I agree with a man that literally makes my skin crawl.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Dale said...

Jimmy Carter didn't see any big deal with the Dubai deal, either, so maybe that helps a little. And just 'cause you don't agree with Congress doesn't mean you have to agree with W. I don't like anybody's plan: arrests and a giant wall for obvious reasons, but guest worker programs? Those work out so splendidly in Europe, what with turning Paris into a giant bonfire six months ago and stuff. I think our system is essentially not broken.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an excellent point about the guest worker program in Europe. I assumed that our program would differ in that we wouldn't treat them as second-class citizens. That is just an assumption though...

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home