Sunday, April 23, 2006

Cat Party!

Well, internets, we've been fairly busy as of late, and unfortunately that means we've fallen into that old cliched habit known as not updating our blog and then writing one post in apology for not updating our blog and then not updating our blog.

But no more! Until next time.

Friday, Dominic turned 29 for the third time. I helped him celebrate by buying him a hammock and then destroying my cell phone! (Oh, how lucky Dominic is that I'm his wife.) I destroyed my cell phone by placing it on the bumper of the Blazer as I was hefting the new hammock into the back of the truck. Then I forgot to retrieve my phone from the bumper. Then I flung my phone into the middle of a busy road as I turned out of the parking lot of Target where I had bought the hammock, which ended up being the most expensive hammock in the world because it cost me a $200 cell phone, in addition to the $100 it initially cost me just for being a hammock.

So.

Saturday was better. We had a barbecue in celebration of Dominic's third 29th birthday, and lots of nice people came over and hung out with us in our backyard, and it was a truly awesome time, especially because I made a lemon meringue pie and a caramel cake, and those confections alone almost made up for the fact that I destroyed my cell phone (but not quite,) and wait, did I mention the beer? There was beer, too! Good beer. And lots of it.

This morning we took some friends--a married couple who shares our cat obsession; I mean, affinity--to a great little divy local breakfast diner, and then we returned home and totally used their very valid interest in an open house down the street in order to accompany them and snoop around in our neighbors' house. Which is beautiful. Anyway, it would be awesome if our friends lived down the street from us because then it would be one big cat party, night and day.

But we're not dorky! No way! We're cool! We're very cool people! And no, I did not just say "cat party." I would never say something so uncool.

Anyway, all the while this weekend I've been finishing my big paper for my Native American non-fiction writing class. It's 19 pages long, and has 23 sources in the works cited page. I worked on the works cited page for almost four hours on Friday. A Friday.

But now it's finished! Cat party!

I did not just say that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate ate my Birthday Cake.

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALL of it?! (I think, if I were you, I'd get a bread box and a lock, to which you and you alone have the key or combination.)

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home