Monday, May 30, 2005

A Series of Big Days...

It was Kate's birthday yesterday and we had a lot of fun this weekend. Saturday night Kate and I went to a pub and had quite a few stiff adult beverages and then took a cheap cabride home. When we up early the next morning (10:00, early for us) to get the car. We of course really enjoyed the winery Kate talked about in her post and the Sangria we made that night. It was, how do the French say..."muy delicioso!" We also had to drive all over S.A. to find the movie Sideways after the winery. I think we only went to four stores. It was good though and we also got two zombie movies. That way Kate and I can scare the hell out of ourselves whenever we want. We are scary movie sissies or at least I am. We got Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead, a really funny British film. We also made delicious, illegally grilled, New York Strips. How do the Spanish say "tres exquis." Nothing like grilling illegally on the balcony to make dinner that much sweeter...

Well, tomorrow after eight months of Nav school, I should find out where I'll be assigned after this. It has been an extremely long and arduous eight months that I would not wish on anyone. Well, maybe there are a few...Anyways, Kate and I hopefully will receive (drumroll please!), Nebraska!!! Yeah!!! That's right folks, we're shooting for the stars here! The land of corn and more corn! I would say something else, but I can't think of anything. Kate and I were joking about how other friends of ours are like, "I hope I can go to Boston, or maybe Vegas, or maybe Italy." Then we're all like, "Hey, Nebraska sounds like hoot! We went to college in Alabama! Yeehaw!" We don't really sound like that, I would sound more like "yeaahaww!"
Seriously though, I think Omaha will be good for us. I of course am totally shooting for NE and if it doesn't work out I'll be pretty upset. We should find out tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home